West Calhoun Neighborhood Council
DRAFT Minutes 11/14/06
Present: Todd Wildermuth, Barb Stevens, Mari Taffe, coordinator Ahndi Fridell
Absent: Rosemary Lundell, Dan Blackburn, Greg Benz, George Effrem
Guests: Ben Hecker, Rodgers Adams
Barb reported that there is $6,850.58 in the NRP account and $481.09 in the development account. One small bill from Postnet is outstanding.
Council Member Comments – Aide Ben Hecker
- Council will vote on budget Dec. 11. Prior to the vote, there will be a community meeting Nov. 28 at 6:30pm at Lynnhurst Community Center with budget finance staff in attendance.
- United Way partnership to inform people of earned income tax credit. Looking for volunteers to staff free tax prep sites.
- Called 5th precinct to ask them to put Greenway Access Point on their patrols. Will let WCNC know if that can’t happen.
- Ben will let us know if he hears anything from Loppet or Pond Hockey reps. Board members shared critical issues of parking and environmental destruction. Would like event reps to come to a WCNC Board meeting.
Chain of Lakes coalition – Todd Wildermuth
There is strength in the coalition’s last legs. They met two weeks ago and thought a twice-yearly summit in which Park Board members could attend would be a good idea. There is a lack of communication and Park Board members are disinclined to come to meetings.
Midtown Greenway Coalition
- No representative as yet
- They’ve asked us to renew our Adopt-A-Greenway commitment ($25?)
- Midtown Greenway Land Use Development Plan is available for public review until December 15. All comments should be submitted in writing to Beth Elliott, Principal City Planner, City Hall Room 210, 350 South 5th St., Minneapolis 55415 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NRP elector needed for December elections
- Ahndi will no longer be neighborhood coordinator
- Would like West Calhoun shoreline erosion prevention and repair to be a priority, especially from Ivy Lane to Rose Lane
- Ahndi is completing Great Cities application, Mari will ask CIDNA to partner with us
- Kate Malecha is the new marketing director for Whole Foods Market. She is Cher Underwood Forsberg’s replacement. Her number is 612-927-8141 ext. 107
Meeting adjourned at 8:15pm
No meeting in December. Next meeting will be held Tuesday, January 9, 2006 at 7:00pm in the cooking classroom at Whole Foods Market.