West Calhoun Neighborhood Council
December 13th, 2016
Meeting called to order at 6:08
Motion made and seconded to approve both Sept and Oct. meeting minutes. This motion passed with a unanimous voice vote.
CM update – Patty Day
- Main update was the city budget.
- Took dollars from LED to address youth violence. Will hire 15 more officers.
- Body cameras are on all officers.
- Lake and Dean left turn arrow – getting ready to turn it on
- Staff will connect with Mike Wilson regarding taxes.
- There was discussion regarding hiring Megan from the Mobius Group to be the account for the WCNC.
- The WCNC agreed to the terms presented by staff on behalf of the Mobius Group. There was a motion that was seconded and passed with a unanimous voice vote to agree to contract with the Mobius Group beginning Jan. 1, 2017.
- There was a motion that was seconded to approve the 2017-2019 CPP Application. This motion passed with a unanimous voice vote.
- The new site will be ready for preview at the Jan. meeting.
- There was discussion regarding the Safety map. Richard has put dots on the intersections of concern.
- There is a need for informational signage.
- Is it possible to have a sign indicating caution – that you are entering a congested neighborhood?
- There is interest in traffic calming – have better crosswalk markings to make peds feel safer crossing.
- Need for directional traffic signs.
- The Board is interested in partnering and working in collaboration with other neighborhoods on projects.
- The Board is looking to schedule a neighborhood Happy Hour at a local restaurant to promote the WCNC and help residents connect.
- Staff and residents were excused from the meeting so the Board could discuss staff’s contract.
- The WCNC would like to update staff’s contract.
New Business – none
Meeting adjourned at 7:40