Dear West Calhoun Resident,
In response to the current health emergency, the West Calhoun Neighborhood Council is looking to make a contribution to a newly created Neighborhood COVID-19 Response Fund. The fund would be dedicated to the health, economic and general well-being of the City of Minneapolis and its residents. An agenda item for the board meeting on April 14th will be to provide $25,000 in seed money to the fund from It is hoped that other neighborhoods would contribute like amounts.
This is an immediate neighborhood priority need. Our plan would include reallocating funds for this response fund from the neighborhood’s still-unallocated reserve of $331,170 in Neighborhood Revitalization funds. The Neighborhood COVID-19 Response Fund would be administered by the City with guidance from the Minneapolis Health Department to meet immediate needs arising as a direct result of COVID-19.
Some things to note:
· No more than $25,000 can be allocated to this fund on an accelerated basis.
· This is the beginning of the 21-day notice period required for plan modification
A note of gratitude to our Safety Team and its chair, Richard Logan, to City Council member Linea Palmisano, and to our Neighborhood and Community Relations Department (NCR) for helping to put this COVID-19 response plan together on short notice with everyone’s assistance and dedication to this immediate work on how we can best serve our neighborhood.
Please reach out if you have any questions to email@example.com.
West Calhoun Neighborhood Council Agenda: April 2020
MEETING TO BE ONLINE VIA ZOOM
Monthly Board Meeting, 6PM, April 14, 2020
Join Zoom Meeting
By Phone: +13126266799
Meeting ID: 522 625 864
6:00 – Welcome by the chair and announcements
6:05 – Council Business
- Approval of March minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- Priority Item: Approval of Neighborhood COVID-19 Response Fund
- Annual public meeting in May: options for meeting virtually
- Comment to the City on Neighborhoods 2020 Program Guidelines
- Affordable housing loan discussion (up for renewal end of June)
6:30 – Neighborhood Response to COVID-19
- Concern regarding Nice Ride release
- Concern regarding social distancing around Bde Maka Ska
- COVID-19 Shared Power Advisory Committees
7:00 – Committee Reports
- Community Engagement and Outreach (COE): Movie in the Park: Aladdin Friday, July 3
- Land Use: Construction Update: Light rail, West Lake Quarter (new name for Calhoun Towers), street lighting on Chowen-Abbott
7:20 – Miscellaneous Business
- Newsletter – to go out in mid/late April (in time to announce our annual meeting, or postponement thereof
7:30 – Adjourn
Next Meeting – May 12th • 6:00pm • (TBD on method of meeting, please watch for future announcements)