- 2040 Comprehensive Plan – see the plans, share your ideas and concerns, as the City creates the vision for Minneapolis’ future. The deadline for comments is July 22, 2018. You may comment directly on the plan’s website, but you can also send comments to your neighborhood council at firstname.lastname@example.org and to your city council member at email@example.com.
- Minneapolis for Everyone We’re concerned citizens and residents. Neighbors who want the best for all of our city’s neighborhoods. Homeowner and renters. Young and old. Like you, we want to see Minneapolis thrive and benefit all residents.
- Issue isn’t whether Minneapolis will grow, but how (Strib commentary from 6/26/18)
Minneapolis 2040: A plan was required, but plans have consequences (Strib commentary from 6/26/18)
- Neighborhoods 2020 – Neighborhoods 2020 is an opportunity to further develop and improve upon the City of Minneapolis’ neighborhood based engagement structure. Neighborhood organizations are by the people, for the people. Join the Neighborhoods 2020 mailing list!
- Minneapolis Zero Waste – Zero waste means setting a new standard for how we as a society view and treat waste. The goal of zero waste programs is to reduce—and eventually eliminate—what we discard in landfills and incinerators.
- Small Business Resources – Regular meeting schedule, upcoming dates, Business Portal and more.
- 311 – City of Minneapolis
- Ward 13 City Council Representative: Linea Palmisano
- Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board
- Live MSP: West Calhoun
- City of Minneapolis: West Calhoun
- Crime Prevention Resources
- Tips on being a good neighbor: Thank you to Ms. Martin’s students for suggesting we add this resource!
Snow Emergencies are called after significant snowfall and before 6 p.m. on any given day.
During a Snow Emergency, special parking rules go into effect that allow City crews to plow streets and emergency vehicles to travel safely. Sign up to get email, text or phone updates!
The Midtown Greenway is a 5.5-mile long former railroad corridor in south Minneapolis with bicycling and walking trails. It is owned by the Hennepin County Regional Railroad Authority and the trails are maintained by the City of Minneapolis. The Midtown Greenway Coalition is the grassroots organization that successfully advocated for installation of the Midtown Greenway by public agencies. The Coalition continues to engage our community in protecting, improving, and using the Greenway.
Carpooling (Metro Transit)
Every day you drive, it’s you vs. rush hour. Give yourself an advantage and team up! Save time and money by carpooling.
Carpoolers save on gas and use the MnPass lanes on I-394, I-35W and I-35E for free. And with our new ridematching system, finding a carpool partner is easier than ever!
Get started now!
If you’re ready to start a carpool, start by creating a profile and you’ll be entered into our searchable ridematching system. If you don’t find a match at first, keep checking. People interested in joining or forming a carpool are added every day.
If you already have a carpool profile, you may qualify for reduced-price or preferential parking at your workplace.
Find out about carpool permits here.
> New! Move Minneapolis has a $20-a-month special for I-35W commuters! Click here to see details and restrictions.